Thread: What is wextract_cleanup0

What is wextract_cleanup0

I have recently install latest spyware on my Windows XP and everything was workign fine but today when i try to have a update for spyware i got a message that wextract_cleanup0 is detected and will run when windows get starts. When i called spyware help desk and ask them about wextract_cleanup0 he was not able to explain it properly, he told me it's important when you try to take updates from Microsoft. Can anyone provide me any information about wextract_cleanup0, please reply because any information would be helpful.

wextract_cleanup0

According to me wextract_cleanup0 is a cleanup command which is being used by Microsoft IExpress/WExtract self-extracting executable. Whenever you try to run SFX, it creates temp setup folder, typically "IXP0000.tmp", which then gets deleted automatically after installation completes. IF you want you can use runonce command to delete this folder.

My friend don't worry about wextract_cleanup0 it's not going to effect your system because i am being using IExpress as well as advpack.dll and i am quite familiar with wextract_cleanup0 and there is no need to worried about it. Your Spyware is giving you a wrong alerts about wextract_cleanup0.

Yes Ameya is correct there is no need to worry about wextract_cleanup0, when i asked one of my friend about it he told me that it's Microsoft file and and it is a bug in the update, there is no association with the company and copyright. About AdvPack.dll it's being installed with Windows, and included in most IExpress packages for its extended setup functions.