Thread: Windows cannot find System.exe

Windows cannot find System.exe

Hello friends,

I am using Windows XP as my Operating system and everything was working fine till yesterday today when i came back from my office and try to access my e: drive for listening songs i got an message as Windows Cannot Find System.exe. Can anyone tell me what would be the exact issue, i have try to find out over internet but none of then where helpful for me.

If your system cannot find out System.exe then in such case i would suggest you to run MS utility which is also know as System File checker, for that you run it by typing sfc under Run option and press enter. This will help you to recover your system files, if you are still getting same message then i would suggest you use system restore this would definitely solve your problem.

Cannot find System.exe

According to me System.exe file is not a part of your windows, it might happen that your computer is being infected by virus because of which you are getting this message. It might happen that system.exe is begin loaded during your system start up because of which antivirus is not able to delete that file. I would recommend you to restart your computer and login into safe mode by pressing F8 key and then try to run your anti virus and remove the file from here.

I was also getting Cannot find System.exe at my start up, when i told one of my friend about it he told me that my computer is being infected by virus to overcome form this issue you have to format your computer and install a fresh copy of operating system , but before doing this try to goto task manager and delete all the processes which uses system.exe and then click and install latest version of Norton anti virus, it had worked out for me hope it works for you too.