Thread: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard iATKOS display probelm

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard iATKOS display probelm

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard iATKOS display probelm I have this iATKOS mac dvd which i used to install Mac on my intel PC. Everything works well. But i have some softwares which needs X11 to be installed. I see X11 in the Utilities in Applications, but when i run it, nothing happens and the screen starts to flicker every 4 to 5 seconds. The screen will loose focus of the current window and will deselect anything i have be working with. How do i solve this? Please help...

Re: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard iATKOS display probelm

I think you need to update X11. Did you update X11? There is an update for X11. Check the apple's site and download it from there or yo can download it from here. See if that can solve your problem. If that doesn't help, do post again...

Well i don't think X11 works unless you are on a high graphics machine. X11 based applications needs graphics card. Do you have any graphics card on your machine or you are using the on-board graphics of your motherboard? I think this may be an issue to. See if you manage to get an updated driver of your graphics card for mac. I don't think this is possible.

iATKOS is a Mac OS X port for intel PC which is not developed by Apple. There are/may be many glitches and there is no proper update source for this port. Moreover this is illegal as far as i know. So, updating anything from apple may crash your system as the update would work only on Apple hardware and not non-apple hardware.