Thread: Mac doesnt boot

Mac doesnt boot

Hello pal, i have an iMac and this little machine is now troubling me too much. the problem is mac doesnt boot. When i try to start the iMac, it loads till the screen where Mac displays an apple logo with a loading icon. But then it again shuts down. Any help?

Re: Mac doesnt boot

Try to check your disk with Disk Utility. I is available in the Mac DVD. Boot from dvd and from utilities select Disk Utility. Does it give you any error? Have you tried it yet? Post back what you get there. Select the option to Verify and Repair. If it repairs the disk and system boots, nothing to worry, but if it gives you any error, post back.

I think you need diskwarrior. DiskWarrior is the safest, most technologically advanced, most powerful utility to eliminate directory damage and recover your files, folders and documents. DiskWarrior is so advanced it can even recover your data from a failing hard drive. Yet all that power is hidden behind one button. DiskWarrior is not a disk repair program in the conventional sense. Instead of patching the original directory, it uses a patent-pending technology to quickly build a new replacement directory using data recovered from the original directory, thereby recovering files, folders and documents that you thought were lost and that no other program could recover. Download

You can also try TechTool Pro. TechTool Pro is a full-featured utility program containing options for testing and repair, maintenance (including disk defragmentation), and data recovery. All it takes is one click of the mouse to perform a comprehensive suite of tests on your computer's hardware and attached drives. TechTool Pro does it all. There is no need to purchase additional software to keep your computer performing at its best. In fact, it's so good that Apple includes a copy of its sibling, TechTool Deluxe, in its AppleCare Protection Plan. You can download tech tools pro from here.