Thread: media player does not play mkv file format

media player does not play mkv file format

Hi ,
    I have installed windows xp sp2. From the day of installation i am facing the problem regarding the Windows Media Player .My media player does not play mkv file .I have reinstalled media player then to it i am facing the same problem.

Re: media player does not play mkv file format

MKV stands for "Matroska Multimedia Container.It contains arge number of file such as video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside of a single file. may be some time registry patch will corrupted that time player not support such file format. for this patches are available. It should be done on with 32/64-bit Windows XP/Vista with WMP11 present, Windows Home Server should work as well. Firstly download this MKV/MKA registry patch then Uninstall any codec packs.Download ffdshow tryouts & Haali Media Splitter then install both. Double click on the registry patch to apply and it will make the changes to add MKV/MKA support to WMP/WMC and restart your computer.

Dr. V Guest

Re: media player does not play mkv file format

when you installed the windows media player again on system ,check the tic mark on mkv box. if you are not tic on that your player does not support that file system. Or else you can download Windows Media Player 11 that support MKV file format. Check for virus because that can damaged your files.