Thread: Downgrade from windows 7 to Vista

Downgrade from windows 7 to Vista

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate RTM. After dealing with it for a week, I've had enough. I want to switch back to my original OS, Vista. Where can I find it and how do I put it back? Do I need to reinstall it with back-up disks or can it be found on my HDD somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Additional Information: I had Windows 7 in an ISO file which I extracted onto the desktop and used the setup.exe After the set up was done, Windows 7 was my OS. I can't find my original OS files (Vista) but IDK where they would be.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Downgrade from windows 7 to Vista

Windows 7 isn't the resource hog that Windows Vista is. So it's not likely that Microsoft will be offering these downgrade rights to netbook users. If you read the instruction when you where installing 7 you should have made a windows restore back up copy of your vista hard drive if you did then all's well and good if you didn't you are in trouble then, you can check out the following link. Hope so it may help you out.

Re: Downgrade from windows 7 to Vista

Quote Originally Posted by CogDis39 View Post
    I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate RTM. After dealing with it for a week, I've had enough. I want to switch back to my original OS, Vista. Where can I find it and how do I put it back? Do I need to reinstall it with back-up disks or can it be found on my HDD somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Additional Information: I had Windows 7 in an ISO file which I extracted onto the desktop and used the setup.exe After the set up was done, Windows 7 was my OS. I can't find my original OS files (Vista) but IDK where they would be.
    There are bugs and virus infections on your machine, even if its a new install. Windows 7 RTM has not yet been released, and if you downloaded it from illegal sources, there are bound to be infected. No one will pass on a free copy to you if they are not benefited with it...
    Buy a genuine copy when it is out, don't support piracy. Use open source if you are not interested in paying...