Thread: Audio not working in MAC Mini

Audio not working in MAC Mini

Hi,
    The very other day my MAC Mini PC behaves unexpectedly. When I started my system then I observed that sound is not working here. I played out some songs and videos but still the same issue. I had checked out all the settings. I set my preferences back again and rebooted the system. But no success yet. On seeing everything looks fine, the internal speakers were working before and now suddenly then are stopped. There is no sound here. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Audio not working in MAC Mini

I had faced out the similar issue a long time ago. I does not know the exact reason but could give you some suggestions to fix the issue. Try to restart your system two to three times. Then leave it and restart after some time. Let the audio files load up properly. This helps out to initialized your hardware properly. If still there is not success then launch the Audio Midi Setup from Applications > Utilities folder. Properly verify that each and every settings is proper mostly the output settings. Like sample rate much be @ 44100Mhz.

Here is a small trick to ensure that the cable connection is properly set. But if you does not have technical skills then I will not recommend you to do this. First disconnect the PC form all connections. Then open the upper cover and the upper left side you can see a orange or brown type ribbon cable. This cable goes from the Mobo to HD. See the connection is proper, straight and tight. If not then place it properly. Put back everything and check out.

Before going to the hard ware part lets checkout that what you can do on the settings. Reset the PRAM. Because this many times solve the issue of audio problems. Then restart your computer and press the P R keys to enter the command. After that again boot normally. Open your MAC Mini and see that there is a wide brown ribbon cable. Connect the ribbon tightly because some time due to loose connection the audio fails out.