Thread: DDE server window problem at shutdown

DDE server window problem at shutdown

Currently i'm running Windows Xp as my operating system on my machine. I'm having a strange problem while shutting down my system. Whenever i try to shutdown my system, i get an error message box stating that DDE server window is unable to shutdown. In order to shutdown my system i have to click on end now button. Recently it has gotten worse and I have had to click 5 times in a row before it shutdown. Can any one tell me that why does it gives DDE server window problem at shutdown? What i need to do in order to get rid of the above issue? Please help me out to resolve the above problem. Thanks.

Re: DDE server window problem at shutdown

This problem occurs when Internet Explorer or another program that uses DDE unregisters a DDE server. I think you should create a System Restore Point on your machine before you try to solve your problem. This symptom occurs if you start Internet Explorer or another program that uses DDE on a Microsoft Windows 2000-based or Microsoft Windows XP-based computer

I think you should first try to run a spyware checker like Adaware and see if it comes up with something. Or if you want you can try out ShutdownSystem Pro application on your machine. It is a powerful shutdown tool, mainly use for reboot, shutdown, Power off, and log off your system with few mouse clicks. It Also offers memory usage and CPU usage modes. In CPU usage mode, the timer triggers an action if the processor usage stays under or above a defined percentage for a defined time

I think you should try out the following steps, in order to resolve your above issue.

1) First of all click on Start menu, then select Control Panel, then you need to choose Performance and Maintenance and afterwards need to click on Administrative Tools.

2) Afterwards you need to double-click on Computer Management and then have to double-click on Services and Applications and again have to double-click on Services.

3) Then on the Details pane, you need to click on Network DDE.

4) On the Action menu,you need to click on Properties.

5) Then finally on the General tab, in Startup type, you need to select disable, and then click on OK button. This will surely help you to resolve your above issue.