Thread: VirtualBox on Mac with Windows XP cannot play fullscreen CS

VirtualBox on Mac with Windows XP cannot play fullscreen CS

Hello Guys, I have been into trouble since quite a while now. VirtualBox on Mac with Windows XP cannot play fullscreen CS The screen has a small window. When i switch to full screen mode, nothing appears, and the screen becomes black. Can anyone help me? The windows which appears is too small and i cannot play CS with such a small screen. Please help...

Re: VirtualBox on Mac with Windows XP cannot play fullscreen CS

Do not expect games to give you native speed and performance when you do it on a virtual machine. This may be due to too many factors. Low virtual machine configuration may be one of the factors. Check and post what configuration have you assigned to the virtual machine. This may help in pinpointing your problem.

May be you have not enabled 3D acceleration from Display settings of Windows XP Virtual Machine. Try enabling it. And assign maximum possible Video Memory to the Machine. This may solve your problem. also try to increase as much memory possible.

Have you installed guest additions? Try adding guest additions and see if you can run CS in full screen. There may be a display memory problem or a display driver problem. May be a problem due to 3D acceleration too. Well in a virtual environment, games are not supposed to work, so you may face too much trouble to play CS in full screen. Instead install Windows XP on your Mac through bootcamp.