Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Play Counter Strike on Mac

Operating Systems

Old 25-09-2009

Play Counter Strike on Mac

Hello friends, i was a Windows user untill yesterday and i got a Mac. Well i want to know if i can install and play CS on this machine? I'm a die hard fan of this game and i want to continue to Play Counter Strike on Mac too. Any ideas?

Old 25-09-2009

Re: Play Counter Strike on Mac

You cannot install counter strike strike on mac as it is a windows based game. However you can install Windows on mac using boot camp. From windows you will be able to play all the windows Based games. See this thread for more help on boot camp and installing windows on mac using boot camp.
Old 25-09-2009

I used to play games on Ubuntu linux using wine. Isn't there any such software for Mac through which i can run windows games natively on linux? Please advice. Is there no other way to play windows games on Mac except bootcamp? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 25-09-2009

There are some softwares which will allow you to install windows programs on mac natively. But there is no assurance that all the applications would work. You can try Darwine which is the wine port for Mac, it needs mac ports to run. there is also a mac port for Crossover. Try it out. Hope this helps.
Old 02-05-2010

If you are a gamer then you don't switch to MAC.

MAC is a great machine, UI is awesome but you can't do many things on it, like playing counter strike. It's like this marrying a hottie but turns out you are not allowed to sleep with her!

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,