Thread: dskchk for Windows Vista

dskchk for Windows Vista

For starters: HP laptop / Windows Vista / Norton Antivirus

Since a few days ago, whenever I start up my laptop it says "One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency," blah blah. However when I run the diskcheck, it always stops at 59%. I've waited for 10 minutes, maybe, and nothing ever happens so I shut down the computer and skip the disk check.

I have been doing some research with people with similar problems but nothing has been working. I tried to follow someone's advice with setting a system restore point but then a message appears saying that I have disk errors that prevent the restore point from being set. So I downloaded UniBlue RegistryBooster to try and help me get rid of the error points and they were apparently removed.

But I still can't set a restore point.

I'm really scared that this problem may be serious, but hopefully it isn't and someone can help me. For additional information, I'm unable to open Norton and the gadget on my sidebar is just a spinning wheel, when it usually says "Secure". I also cannot close windows by right clicking on them in the taskbar and choosing close, I have to use the X button.

Someone please help me.

Re: dskchk for Windows Vista

By looking at the problem, I think that the hard drive of the computer must have developed some bad clusters which is creating problems in the normal working of the computer. You can download different diagnostic tools available for the hard drive depending on the manufacturer of the hard drive. Run the diagnostic tool on the hard drive and see if the hard drive is having any problems or not.

Re: dskchk for Windows Vista

Forgot to take this down! I already got it fixed shortly after this was posted and my laptop is like brand new =) Thank you though!