Thread: unattend.xml errors (component or non-list setting specified more than once)

question unattend.xml errors (component or non-list setting specified more than once)

I'm hoping someone here has come across this issue before...it's driving me nuts.

I had an answer file created and working. I could sysprep the machine with the typical /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:c:\unattend.xml
    and it would come back up and parse the xml file without issues.

So...I had one change to make to make the unattended process actually unattended. I added the settings to create a local user in the OOBE pass. No biggie. Then, I proceeded to customize the machine, tweaks, etc, files, registry.

Finally, thinking i'm all done, I ran the sysprep command, etc, capture the image. I boot back up and i'm hit with an error message that it couldn't parse the 'Specialize' portion of the xml file and 'A component or non-list setting is specified more than once in the answer file'.

Now i've checked and there are no duplicate components. Each component is only configured once within the answer file. I can't find any duplicate settings, and i've looked numerous times - unless it doesn't like the fact that the system and input locales are specified in the International Core and International Core WinPE. But, those are 2 different components AND it was like that when it completed successfully originally.

I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what the problem is, and i'll post the XML here if it'll help anyone help me!

Thanks!

Re: unattend.xml errors (component or non-list setting specified more than once)

Please have a look at this existing Topic please.
    Let us know if problem still persist.
    http://forums.techarena.in/server-de...nt/1167311.htm

Re: unattend.xml errors (component or non-list setting specified more than once)

We're not using HP...we're using Dell. I did read the suggested similar posts and nothing seemed to be the same as i'm seeing here. It just doesn't like something i'm doing or something in the XML file, though for the life of me, I can't find anything wrong with the XML.