Thread: Mac OS X Leopard wont wake from sleep

Mac OS X Leopard wont wake from sleep

Hey everyone, I have a Power Mac G4 and this Mac has started troubling me lately. If the Mac goes to sleep mode, it wont wake up. When i try to wake G4, hard drive sounds as if it is waking up but then no display comes on the screen. What may be doing this? My Mac OS X Leopard wont wake from sleep and i have to force reboot it...

Re: Mac OS X Leopard wont wake from sleep

I would recommend you to see for permissions check/repair option. After it is done reboot your Mac and on reboot send your mac to sleep mode and after about 30 seconds try waking it up. Check if it works. Do post back in case you have any problems or this stuff doesnt work. Hope this is useful...

Thanks for a swift reply mate, but this isn't helping me. I already did permissions check/repair. It seemed to be working for the first 3 times and then again the same problem. Then again i did the same thing but the second time it didn't do the trick. So is there any permanent solution to this weird problem? Please help. My Mac is getting onto my nerves!

Apple has a solution to this thing. They say you need to reset Power Management Unit [PMU] :

Resetting the Cuda/PMU

How to reset the PMU:

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
    2. Disconnect ALL cables from the computer, including peripherals and power.
    3. If possible, move the computer to a place where you are not standing on carpet.
    4. Open the case and ground yourself by touching part of the metal frame inside the computer.
    5. Find the Cuda or PMU button
    6. Press the Cuda or PMU button ONCE. Do not press the button more than once before starting the computer up again.
    7. Wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the cables you removed in step 2 and turn the computer on.
    8. If the computer still does not respond after resetting the PMU, the computer may require service from an Apple Authorized Service Provider.