Thread: PC not recognizing mouse or touchpad clicks

question PC not recognizing mouse or touchpad clicks

Not even sure where to post this question so sorry if it's in the wrong forum.
    I'll try to describe my problem briefly.
    Dell Inspiron 1525 just had harddrive replaced by Dell under warranty this past week, which of course expired the day after they mailed it back to me. It's 1 yrs old. It was working fine this morning, meaning I was able to surf the web. Now, when I click on Internet Explorer I see the arrow and can move it around with my mouse and the use of the touchpad same thing, arrow moves but doesn't actually do anything when you tap but neither mouse or touchpad will maximize window, close/x it out, click on anything at all, etc. I've tried to right/left click with it, when you place it over a word on yahoo.com (my homepage) the area doesn't highlight, no hand, nothing, it's as if it isn't reading it. I can open my control panel and other non-internet related things. If I click on my Picasa icon on the desktop it works- (only other icon on my desktop right now). I did also click on the ebay desktop icon after the 2 windows of yahoo I/E opened and I was able to maximize the window but I think that was it. It also opens two windows of IE when I click on it AND I tried to type in the address bar as soon as it pops up, (google and mozilla firefox), and only get the first 3-4letters after www. Any idea what could have happened? Any advice would be helpful. Oh, and I downloaded IE 8 yesterday if that makes a difference. Thanks

Re: PC not recognizing mouse or touchpad clicks

Check for latest driver for your laptop touchpad on dell website but first make sure you dont have virus and windows having no any other issues. driver can hel you for your drivers

Re: PC not recognizing mouse or touchpad clicks

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. I actually uninstalled I/E 8 and that fixed the problem.