Thread: Windows 7 to windows Xp

Windows 7 to windows Xp

Hello.
    I have a few "mapped Network Drives" on my Windows 7 hooked to the computer that a machine Xp . when I click the network drive, it asks for credentials and I will correct them and select "Remember my credentials and it allows me to access the drive. When I start the computer to the network share and have access again, I said it wrong the user name and password I entered and I should reenter every time I want to access the drive. Is there a way around this?

Re: Windows 7 to windows Xp

Well you can. Microsoft will allow Windows 7 users to downgrade to XP. I dont think that will be a problem.

If the OS wants you to enter the details every time you boot then your setting are not being saved. So i think there must be some error in the settings or some setting may have changed for the mapped network drive.

Windows 7 isn't anything revolutionary either, to the point that sticking with XP is holding back technology. Its just an OS. I don't know about Microsoft nowadays. They keep on produce something new without thinking maybe. Lot of their product have a problem, being hacked, virus and etc, I think it is best for them to keep on certain product built with quality not just quantity.

I could never go back to XP from Vista, not to mention from Windows 7. Just because MS ends support for an OS doesn't mean you have to stop using it. Anyone that stays with XP as a primary OS over 7 is an idiot.Why should the world cater to "stay behinds" like us?
    Anyways if you really want to go with windows XP then plaes have a look at this.
    1. Windows 7's Windows XP Mode
    2. How to uninstall Windows 7 from Windows XP