Thread: Need a Zip type tool for MAC

Need a Zip type tool for MAC

Hi,
    I want a Winzip tool for a MAC pc. I have a MAC notebook and want to send some files in mail. Those files needed to be compressed to reduce the size. I was using Winzip or WinRar in Windows but not familiar about the same tool for MAC. If anyone has a similar option please post and provide the download link for the same. Also how to use it. I had never worked on MAC so I need a simple tool. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need a Zip type tool for MAC

Try using DropDMG. It is a simple and very easy to use tool work same like WinZip tool. You can create and open tar, zip or stuffit archive files form it. The tool supports a wide range of archiving formats. The tool support encryption and custom icons options. Other than compressing or decompressing there are much more new features available.
    Download DropDMG

Use YemuZip a easy to use tool which is used for creating zip file on MAC platform. You can create and open Zip files in it. The tool is really easy tool for creative and performing archive function. The best feature of tool is that you have to just drag and drop the files in the box of YemuZip and it will create the archive of the same file. The tool attach the file directly to the mails and also offers a customizable paths.
    Download YenuZip

Use Zip Tool for the same. A freeware and simple tool that can create archives, decompress and repair those files. The tool is very useful and reliable. The tool works in GUI mode which offers you multiple selection to generate a zip file of you own. It works on MAC OS X 10.4 and below. The tool is available on multiple site for free download. I will recommend you to use this too because the GUI mode like WinZip tool makes it easy to use.

use unrarx or stuffit expander

richermartyn Guest

Hi...
    I have some information on Zip tool... zip files that contains Mac-specific information that, when extracted on a PC, looks like garbage... PC-compatible format and a Mac format that preserve all the Mac-specific metadata.... Thanks for sharing...