Thread: Need some information on Joomla Mail settings

Need some information on Joomla Mail settings

I am using a Ubuntu Pc and a Windows Laptop in which recently I had installed Joomla 1.5. I had configured as per the manual. Now I am not able to receive mails nor I can send them. The configuration setting are proper. But now able to determine where the problem is. I need some information on setting up Joomla's mail account. Also what is the way by which I can set the global Mail Configuration settings. I am not sure about the network but other system works fine with their mail clients. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some information on Joomla Mail settings

I am listing you some general tips that can help you out to configure the Joomla Mails settings. First install Joomla on the Local Host. Here this settings work on my Windows XP computer. This can give you some general overview of the settings. The most simplest way to configure Joomla on a Windows Machine is using it on a Windows Server. Or you can simply try the default Joomla's Global Configuration settings to work with it. After that click on Mail TAB and then first set the SMTP Server. Put your outgoing mail server details here. Then set the front name and then the email. Leave the SendMail path blank. Then select the radio button of SMTP Auth if you have a login it that needs a password. Other wise click on No. Then establish the SMTP user details properly. Set the password. Click on Save and then restart your system.

I am listing you the details of setting up a Global Configuration setting in Joomla. First to access the page just click on the Global Configuration tab in the main menu and then go to Control panel > Global Configuration. This page let you to setup your personal settings. Here the settings are as follows. First the offline site which lets you to show a site in offline mode also. In the same way offline message and add Site Name. Then you have a default WYSIWYG Editor tool which is used to edit your online text and other formatting options. After that in Meta DATA setting you have to fill up the site information that is used by search engine to index your home page. Then comes SEO settings that is on your need. In the same way you will see a number of settings. Just enable which you want and the rest is configured by default.

I had made this setting in my Joomla. So I think my settings information will help you out. First I will recommend you to re-install the application back in your pc. Then set the setting to default except your incoming mail server and outgoing mail server. Then add the servers that you had added in Windows. The SMTP type and POP3 type. SMTP is the outgoing mail server which sent mails through your email id and POP3 is the incoming mail server which receives mails from your inbox. Any mistake here will led to error.