Thread: Automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair

Automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair

I have a P4 machine on which i had installed Windows Vista. Recently my system was showing me a Windows system 32 error, when i used to turn on my pc. It used to tell me that the system can not start and you need to repair it. I had successfully repaired my Windows and it is working fine now. But i would like to know that is it possible to do a automatically repair? can any body tell me that how to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair? Is it possible for me to do so? Anyone has any idea about it? Kindly provide me your suggestion or any kind of information on the above issue. Any kind of information provided by you would be appreciated.

Re: Automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair

Startup Repair is a Windows Vista recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. Windows Vista comes with a rich feature set of diagnostic and repair tools that you can use in the event that your computer is not operating correctly.

If you have a Windows Vista installation disc, you need to restart (boot) your computer using the installation disc. That will help you to used Startup Repair as your diagnostic tool. After that it will show you a new screen where the repair process will try to look for all Windows installations that had been installed on your computer. After going step by step, after 4th or 5th step, it will show you the System Recovery Options dialog box on your desktop screen.

In most cases just using the system restore to set your computer back will solve your issue. If Startup Repair is a pre-installed recovery option on your computer, the automatic repair process can take quite a while. So please be patient as Vista attempts to find and repair any problems on your computer. Then it, should display the list of recovery tools, it would get automatically started as the Startup Repair tool for you.