Thread: Can't Enable/Disable CD/DVD In Bios

Can't Enable/Disable CD/DVD In Bios

Hello everybody,

I am working with an EasyNote Packard Bell Laptop 512 RAM 40 Gig Hard Drive. Few days ago my CD/DVD ceased working for some odd reason. When I inputted any CD in the drive the light was still coming on but nothing happen after that.So planned to visit the BIOS. I found that the CD/DVD had been “Disbaled” there. What could be the caus ?.My BOIS reminds me INSYDE SOFTWARE SCU. with four options Start Up / Chipset / Boot / Exit. Even though I click on to any option it is not about to enable.Can somebody donate some sort of information and solutions regarding this issue

It would greatly appreciated

Please help.

Re: Can't Enable/Disable CD/DVD In Bios

Alternatively you can get in to your device manager and there you can disable your CD drive.I assume your system is IDE or ATA.Did you try asking the BIOS to detect the drives?.Can you elaborate more about the BIOS and system. if there are any other drives present on the cables?.what jumper settings you have on your drives and what cable connector you are using to hook to the drives.

Is SCSI in BIOS enabled/disabled?Get in to device manager and at top it shows computer right click on it and use scan for hard ware changes and look it shows the CD/DVD drives.On the BIOS menu and you should view an option marked 'Advanced BIOS Features.' Use the up and down arrow keys and highlight this option there you can enable the CD drive.Also make sure that the cables have not become loose or unplugged?

Can you pull the drives out and check the settings .After that connect them Go into device manager and right click on your CD/DVD drive list and select scan for hardware changes.Or disconnect CD/DVD rom and reboot pc.Then turn pc off reconnect CD/DVD rom and reboot.I have the 2 h/d's connected to one cable, and the 2 cd/dvd hooked up to the other cable.May be you need to check that, and/or remove drives, and slowly reinstall them.