Thread: How to make C drive hidden on dual boot system

unsure How to make C drive hidden on dual boot system

Hi there,
    Im sure many of you must know the answer to my situation.

I have 2 Hard drives : C: and E:

C: 120gb XP PRO ( HOME USAGE )

E: 80gb XP PRO LEOPARD ( BUSINESS USAGE )

.... Windows have automatically created a dual boot screen for me to go into either OP.

But as E: drive is newly installed, everytime i installed some selected software, it automatically installs in C: Drive. But there are some small softwares where i can manually change the installation Destination folder.

My E: Drive has windows sp2, and i have sp3 cd update from windows. WHen i install it, it automatically installs it on my current C: Drive.

===================================

???? Is there anyway, when i do login to a selected operating system, that i become automatically C: ?????

eg. if from dual boot i select "XP Leopard" whats actually installed on E: but when i do login, and go to my computer. I automatically become C: drive and make the orignal C: to E: like switching. So i stay main installation drive.

Im really comfused and dont know what to do, or use. Could someone experienced in this area help me out.

Re: How to make C drive hidden on dual boot system

Normally default setting can chance in application but for windows update i dont know well one thing you can do is go to hardware manager and disable that drive that may solve your problem ..

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to make C drive hidden on dual boot system

Assuming that the computer has IDE drives, the first thing to do is to install each operating system on each disk. Set one drive as Master and the other as Slave. You can use either GRUB or LILO in order to dual-boot your Windows. Open Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options and click the view tab. Select the "Show hidden files and folders" button, click Apply, then OK. Expand My Computer and select the "C" drive. Locate the "boot.ini" file, right click on it and select "Properties". If the read only box is checked, UN-check it, click apply, OK.