Thread: nvidia nforce raid controller can't find sata drives

nvidia nforce raid controller can't find sata drives

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. I have installed the nVidia SATA drivers through Windows Update on my system. Now the problem is that when i go to my device manager, i came to know that my nvidia nforce raid controller being not able to see my sata drives. I can't remove that driver, cause there is no other driver. Also, the latest version of nForce drivers from nVidia does the same. Why doesn't my nvidia nforce raid controller not able to see sata drives on my pc? What can I do? Is there a solution or a workaround? Pleas help me out. Anywhere would like to thank you in advance.

Re: nvidia nforce raid controller can't find sata drives

Don't format or rebuild your RAID array and its partitions? The better alternative is the integration of the needed textmode drivers into a bootable OS CD. Only this way the user can be sure to succeed with the installation of the OS onto an nForce RAID or AHCI system.

You can see the nVRaid BIOS version of your system on the second boot screen. The only way I've seen thus far to install Vista x86 or x64 onto an nVidia SATA RAID configuration is to run the install from within windows and select "clean installation" to a new partition.

Maybe your special nForce S-ATA Controller was not fully supported by the INF files of my previously modded driver package. You either have installed NVIDIA's actual nForce chipset driverpack v16.23 or v16.24, which both contain broken nForce SataRAID drivers v10.3.0.42, or you got these drivers loaded by Windows Update after having completed the OS installation.