Thread: lsass.exe related error force to reboot local machine

lsass.exe related error force to reboot local machine

I am using my PC since very long time. Recently I had downloaded some application from the internet, With lot of efforts I was able to install on my computer, it was not at all expected. My PC has Windows XP Professional with the latest updates (SP3 incl) installed. I always take precaution to keep my PC upto date with my Norton Antivirus updates as well as Windows. Defender updates. Please anyone come across such kind of problem.

Thanks in Advance !

Re: lsass.exe related error force to reboot local machine

Your problem does sound very strange indeed. What happens when you launch your Device Manager, does it return any errors from your hardware devices? Install XP cd ,locate "browse cd",locate i386 folder,search for Isass. click on it,in the new L.sub-menu select:copy this file,copy to windows folder,it should install it auto.

Try booting in safe mode(f8). and running adaware and anti virus, check msconfig unknown processes, try also system restore (if running) prior to date of error, I noticed that my system has assign (untill now) to the PATA HDD letters D, E and F, so I don't believe any longer that something has to do with letter assignments. I have managed to do this from the repair option - of the windows XP installation cd. But the error persists and the pc keeps re-booting.

As you are, I am able to boot in safe mode. Rolling back the System Restore to the last good checkpoint had no benefit. To fix you need to copy a clean version of the LSASS.EXE file from a friends PC that has windows 2000 or xp.(its not that big only like 11k) this is found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Lsass.exe then copy this file to the same place on your PC. confirm that it works.