Thread: ThinkPad T61p laptop won't boot three tones on boot

ThinkPad T61p laptop won't boot three tones on boot

Just last year i had purchased a ThinkPad T61p laptop. At the morning when i had turn on my laptop, the power started up and it just gave out three beep tones at the startup. Up to last night it was working fine, but suddenly i started to experience such problem on my laptop. Does any body knows why my T61p laptop won't boot and gives out three tones on boot? Please provide me the correct solution to get rid of the above problem.

Re: ThinkPad T61p laptop won't boot three tones on boot

I can sympathize with you as my T61p also struggled with "issues". Try reseating the ram sometimes the contacts get a bit of dust in them causing this and to simply pull out the ram and put it back in can solve the problem. Nevertheless, I am now extremely satisfied with the performance of the machine with the exception of its mediocre screen.

The ethernet Intel Corporation 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection nic just works with e1000. Make sure it's in your kernel. Unfortunately, I have already tried this though. My beep is just a long beep every couple of seconds. This is not listed in their list.

Dr. V Guest

Also take out and reseat your video card (if its dedicated). Make sure that the SerialATA is configured in "AHCI" mode (not "compatibility mode"). Also check that all your power connectors are properly connected. If that doesn't solve it, see if you can borrow another PSU, and try that.