Thread: Cant play RMVB in Windows 7 64 bit Media Center

Cant play RMVB in Windows 7 64 bit Media Center

Hi,

I have recently installed Windows 7 64 bit Media Center, since then i am unable to play rmvb file on my windows media center. i have installed K-lite 64bits codec pack on my pc but it doesnt seems to be working for me, so far i successfully played rmvb file with Media Player Classic and Media Player. But i cant play RMVB in Windows 7 64 bit Media Center.

Please help me!!!!!

Re: Cant play RMVB in Windows 7 64 bit Media Center

You use the RC1 version of Windows 7 or better, you have the chance to have a RTM version, but you can not read some of your video files? Win7codecs is here to help you through this difficult time. It is indeed a codec pack dedicated to Windows 7 which, once installed you should be able to read all formats of video time. Download it from here

For your information you wont get RMVB codec included in Windows 7, You can try to play RMVB in Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center, however, as those codecs are not directly provided by Microsoft, I suggest you to download Storm Codec, its an addon & enhance of Windows Media Player, Storm Codec provide a solution to most popular media files, streams it can play RealMedia, QuickTime, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (DivX/XviD/3ivx, MP4, AVC/H264), AC3/DTS, ratDVD, VP3/VP6, Indeo, XVD, Theora, Subtitles, OGG/OGM, Matroska, APE, FLAC, TTA, AAC, MPC, Voxware, 3GP/AMR... without any other Media Player (But latest Windows Media Player it recommend for the new Windows Media format).

Real alternative or K-lite codec enable Media Center to watch RMVB files. Real Alternative allows you to play RealMedia files without having to install RealOne Player or RealPlayer from Real Networks. Supported are: RealAudio (.ra .rpm), RealMedia (.rm .ram .rmvb .rpx .smi .smil), RealText (.rt) and ReadPix (.rp).