Thread: Unable to remove Vista and install XP on Sony VAIO FZ140E

Unable to remove Vista and install XP on Sony VAIO FZ140E

Hello friends,

I am facing a problem my Sony VAIO FZ140E which came with Vista.I inserted my genuine XP CD in the DVD drive and turn on the system.Everything appeared to be working as it does when you are installing XP on a fresh machine until i got a windows which informed me that no internal drives can be found... and press F3 to exit.And now am totally stuck I don't want it,Started to hate it

please advise me ..
    thanks..!!

Re: Unable to remove Vista and install XP on Sony VAIO FZ140E

Can you get into your BIOS and change your SATA settings. By factory settings, it will be set up to AHCI.Alter it to IDE or ATA.And for installing xp which depends on whether or not Sony is providing all drivers for the hardware under Windows XP. If they have XP drivers for all the parts of your notebook, then you're golden. Vista drivers will obviously won't work for XP.

You can do this by a windows xp bootable disc.just insert the cd in drive..then on start up just press any key..then you will be their in installation menu then on the time of format steps just choose format partition with fat32 and recall to format that partition in which vista is install and then where format is finished..you need to proceed with the steps as required..but prior to that from vista just create cd..of your motherboard drivers..that feature comes with your OS

All right first you have to know that if your Vista is an OEM and if you go to Xp your license will be having no value, that's for sure.
    In order to transfer to XP but your Boot CD XP and boot from it. Through the install process you have to select to format the drive I imagine that you have only one drive without the partitions. Format the drive and install the XP. this is gonna work with you hope this helps