Thread: Realtek hd audio error code saying that this device cannot start

Realtek hd audio error code saying that this device cannot start

I'm having a Dell laptop on which i had install Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i had installed the the latest driver from the realtek official website. Now the problem is that whenever i try to play any songs on my laptop, i get a realtek hd audio error code saying this device cannot start. I don't know but suddenly it started to give me such error message on my screen. Can any body tell me that why i'm getting realtek hd audio error code saying that this device cannot start? What i need to do in order to get my realtek hd audio back to work?

Re: Realtek hd audio error code saying that this device cannot start

When installing or reinstalling drivers (drivers) a device, it is possible that Windows displays the following error message on your screen. One of the key complaints from Windows users people is that they have to find drivers on the for their hardware when they install a new system, add to an existing, and sometimes even upgrade it.

Dr. V Guest

Have you looked on your laptop manufacturers website for audio drivers? Make sure you install the Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver first then you need to install the audio drivers. Then you have to manually point to the drivers rather than letting the installer set the drivers on your system.

You need to go the official site and get the driver for your system. Otherwise you need to Make a backup of the registry. For that you need to Go to menu Start and select Run. Type regedit and select OK. emove Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values of the following key to the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and then restart your computer to save all configuration.

Error 0xe0000227

Go to Device Manager/Device Drivers

Disable microsoft UAA bus driver …

Try to Uninstall UAA bus driver…i cannot, reboot then uninstall. If u get install

new hardware wizard after reboot cancel it.

Unistalll ANY sound device u had before (sound card or onboard chip)

Reboot… cancel new hardware wizard….

Install realtek driver and it will work…after Realtek sound is working,

reboot…accept new harware wizard, it will then install UAA bus driver again,

and everything will work just fine!!!