Thread: vista IE requires lan adapter reset after sleep mode

vista IE requires lan adapter reset after sleep mode

Hi

I am using a dell notebook with windows vista.i use the IE v. 7.0.6001.18000 for browsing the internet but unfortunately when the computer goes into sleep mode, it will not reconnect to the internet either manually or automatically. i am done with the trouble shooting to see no effects. it then tells me that the server was pinged and got no response. it then asked me to reset the lan network adapter. then it is working pretty good until it goes into sleep again. what wrong here any one understands the situation.

thanks in advance

Re: vista IE requires lan adapter reset after sleep mode

You should consider the restoring other changes to get sleep to work precisely now that I have gone to Start, right click computer, on properties, choose device manager, network adapters, find your dsl or what ever it is called and double click it then open properties. Click the power management tab and remove the selection from let this device to wake the computer.

The fix to getting my connection/IP address is disabling and re-enabling the NIC card. However, having to do this every single time is very tiresome.Are you with Access Connections?If so, do you have automatic location altered enabled for those profiles in the global settings?I use hibernation mode all the time and have never experienced such situations.

Dr. V Guest

I think it's a windows issue. This problem shows up on this forum often and I have the same issue on my wireless and direct connected machines. In XP in the Control Panel>System icon> hardware>device manager>network adapters. right click on the device to visit the properties. One tab is a power anagement tab.set to shut off the adapter in hibernate mode, etc.I guess there could be a similar option in Vista so you could leave the adapter on if battery power is not an issue