Thread: Check windows xp genuine or not?

Check windows xp genuine or not?

Hello,

My question is of course how do i check whether my windows xp genuine or not?.Am planing to turn on the windows update and am feared of piracy so i would like to know about this.So i could do it with out nervous?

thanks for replies

Dr. V Guest

Re: Check windows xp genuine or not?

Hi there,this could be a easy task for you for checking this right click on MY Computer and click on Properties and view General Page under Registered to here the last line should be registration key

I know you are aware of this fact that Genuine Microsoft software is launched by Microsoft, correctly licensed, and supported by Microsoft or an authorized partner letting you entire capabilities, access to all the latest updates, and confidence that you are getting the experience you hope.Did you pay for XP in the deal? then of course it should be a genuine one

I grabbed my windows XP from the dealer I was suppose to make my pc.also I did a check on my windows using the validation on the Windows Site it said my windows was validated and genuine.Even though I did this the WGA still reminds my windows as not genuine.

I just replaced my hard drive on my Sony V. laptop.
    I started getting the messgage saying my windows XP Pro is not genuine. I called Microsoft and they told me that when the hard drive dies so does the XP Pro license if it is an OEM install, I must buy XP Pro AGAIN !!! EVEN though I have the sticker on the bottom of the computer and gave the Micrsoft Greedy person the number. She said it is a valid sticker but that is the rule !!!

Dr. V Guest

Hello , Too bad for your pc , but just as it is Stated by microsoft that is the rules , Oem Os and software are meant for particular hardware only , if you change any hardware then oem rules are violated