Thread: HP Recovery console

HP Recovery console

Recently i was working on my HP PCm7170n Media Center PC and was trying to get in to the the Recovery console. But unfortunately the primary partition was formatted and now it does not show any operating system. So, can any body tell me that how do i get into HP recovery console? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: HP Recovery console

A recovery console provides a command line so you can open many useful software utilities. What makes these software utilities so useful is they can be used without Windows Explorer. The recovery console restores your system from a hidden partition on the hard disk. Its faster than using the CD's. The CD's are in case your hard drive fails, taking the recovery partition with it, or your partition table gets corrupted or anything else that makes that hidden partition inaccessible.

Dr. V Guest

A recovery console may be available on the hard drive of some HP and Compaq Windows XP computers. Also, the Recovery Tools CD can be made from most HP and Compaq computers. According to me apparently in this case the recovery CD's are the only option because the C drive partition has something built into the MBR to allow the trigger.

Restart the computer and immediately start pressing the F8 key, once per second. When the selections screen loads, use the up/down arrow keys to select "Last Known Good Configuration", then press the "Enter" key. The recovery console can be used to resolve error messages, it can be used to partition and format hard drives and perform other diagnostic and troubleshooting tasks. If the computer is then able to restart in "normal" Windows or Safe Mode, then you should be able to to a full destructive recovery by click on Start-All Programs-PC Help & Tools, etc. By the way, pressing the F10 key doesn't load the "Recovery Console" but instead loads the HP Recovery Menu. That is, if it's working correctly.