Thread: Usb 2.0 support win 98

Usb 2.0 support win 98

Hello,

Friends,I have windows 98 on this old laptop.I busted the old laptop i want to use for writing stuffs on the go....Due to unluck my usb fly drive like to be detected so i vehemently need an update only for windows 98 ... if anyone knows where to go i find mainly 98se links..help need urgently

thanks for the reply

Re: Usb 2.0 support win 98

Some time ago I found a couple of articles that seem to indicate Windows 98 is capable of supporting it as long as you get the drivers for it, but don't give a damn to get that driver from Microsoft.But Using Microsoft certified drivers for USB on Windows 2000. Works amazingly.This just indicates that Microsoft are indeed attempting to phase older operating systems, and concentrate on Windows 2000 and XP.

You could always obtain a Win 98 SE cd and reinstall..Then better look out for the driver..you can add old stuff on new machine, but you can't put new stuff on old computers.but at the same time am scared your're stuck. Win98 doesn't support USB. You need SE or late rone.

Dr. V Guest

What USB device are you trying to use? A USB connection on a cable modem? If so, you could enable the BIOS listing for the USB keyboard. Also, there may be a second listing to enable USB.Expand all the selections by each. That means to be any USB device that required to work outside the Windows environment.If the modem can be connected via your LAN connection that may work better in Win98.I guess you have to get the Windows 98 SE cd and reinstall