Thread: System Restore with Windows PE

System Restore with Windows PE

Hello , When I turned on my pc which was in hibernation, I got an error message" missing ntfs file. I tried to repair using my installation cd but I do not have option to repair my system. then i tried to boot "Window PE" bootable CD except that when I insert it into my pc I have a window that appears, but I do not know at all what I must do to restore my system.i cannot find anything in windows pe to restore my system

please tell me how can i restore my system from windows pe , thanks in advance

Re: System Restore with Windows PE

ERD Commander 2005 can do what you want... ERD Commander 2005 is a powerful tool to repair and recovery that addresses these problems which prevent to start Windows NT/2000, and restores the system without loss of critical data. ERD Commander 2005 offers a feature more important in solving problems with traditional disk emergency repair of Windows NT or the Recovery Console in Windows 2000. ERD Commander 2005 provides an exclusive environment for Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2003 based on a command line, which allows booting from a set of 3.5-inch disk, a CD-ROM or directly from hard disk. It lets you recover the system by offering full access to all files and registry, allowing you to replace corrupted files, add files missing, edit the configuration information, and eliminate controllers or programs that prohibit the boot.

Paragon Rescue Kit 9.0 Express is a bootable CD that can repair problems then prevent starting your computer . It also recovers deleted partitions. Service Boot Corrector allows you to resolve most startup problems of the operating system and lets you access your data. It also incorporates a function to transfer files to export important files and folders from one partition to another local drive or burn to a CD or DVD in case of system failure.

I managed to use Windows PE to add my missing file. When you have the window that opens windows PE, wait a few moments until you can do anything Then I typed the command "chkdsk C:/ r" to check errors on my hard drive. "C" is the name of my hard drive if yours is different change the letter. Finally, I inserted the Windows CD and typed this code "copy X:\i386 \ ntfs.sys C:\Windows\System32\Drivers" Of course you must change the "X" by the letter your drive and ditto for the "C" if not the letter. And that is how I retrieve my missing ntfs.sys file , hope it would help others having same problem