Thread: How can i setup Apple wireless keyboard with MAc OS X

How can i setup Apple wireless keyboard with MAc OS X

Hi,, i need some help form you all guys. I am MAC OS X user that is version 10.4.10. Like many of my friends i also wanted to set up a Apple wireless keyboard and mouse with my Operating system. So i am here as i don't know how to do that. Could you guys please help me in setting up the Apple wireless keyboard ? Thanks in advance.

Re: How can i setup Apple wireless keyboard with MAc OS X

Apple's sleek-looking Wireless Keyboard that is based on Bluetooth technology aims to dress up your desktop while eliminating pesky cord clutter. Now before setting it up, first make sure your bluetooth adapter is turned on from Apple menu -> System Preferences. If every thing is fine, than just follow these steps:-

• Install the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse software that came with the keyboard. Insert the CD, double-click the installer, and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Turn the keyboard over, install the batteries as illustrated and replace the battery cover.
    • pen the Bluetooth Setup Assistant.
    • Click Continue.
    • At the Select Device Type panel, select Keyboard. Do not click Continue yet.
    • Using the power switch on the bottom of the keyboard, turn the keyboard on. The light above the power switch should begin to flash.
    • Click Continue. The keyboard's name should appear in the device list of the Search pane.
    • Select the keyboard in the Setup Assistant listing, then click Continue. The assistant will try to pair with the keyboard.
    • When the Setup Assistant prompts you to do so, type the passkey shown in the Setup Assistant on the Apple Wireless Keyboard. Press the Return key on the keyboard when you are finished.
    • Once the assistant says the computer and keyboard have successfully paired, click Continue.
    • Setup is complete. Click Quit.

Thats it. You are done.

The Apple Wireless Keyboard features a low-profile anodized aluminum frame that complements any Mac.There's a power button on the opposite end of the battery compartment for turning the keyboard off in order to save your batteries while it's not in use. In case if you face any problem in installing or the Keyboard pairing fails, than you will need to update keyboard software and the bluetooth software. To do so, just go through these steps:-

1. Confirm the keyboard is connected to the Mac.

2. From the Apple menu, select Software Update.

3. Install the Mac OS 10.4.10 software update if you have not already done so.

4. Run Software Update again to download the latest update

Here is a small tip of using your Apple Wireless Keyboard once you get it paired. The Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse uses Bluetooth to communicate with your Mac without wires, and gives you a new level of freedom to use them where you want. With a wireless keyboard and mouse, you can sit back and relax while you type and click through your work.When you pair with your mouse and keyboard, your computer gives them a unique name.

You can change the name in the Bluetooth pane of Keyboard & Mouse preferences.If you are setting up more than one keyboard and mouse, pair one keyboard and one mouse with a single computer. Don't use one computer to set up more than one keyboard and mouse.