Thread: Rebuild hp recovery partition

Rebuild hp recovery partition

I'm having a HP A1740N Desktop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. It seems to be that the recovery partition have been corrupted on my system. When I browse the partition, the only file I see is MediaID.bin. on my pc. I would like to know that is there any way to rebuild hp recovery partition? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Rebuild hp recovery partition

Hey are Are you trying to recover access to your Windows Xp or your Windows Xp recovery partition?

Yes,Recovery Disks will restore it if it is damaged. Maybe the best thing to do is to get a retail Windows Xp cd, and then find drivers for your system. Most of the files in Recovery partition are hidden from view. In order to see what is there, you need to go to Tools at the top of window, and then need to choose Folder Options and on the View tab look for Hidden Files and Folders you need to Enable to show.

The good news is you only need those discs to recover (factory reset) your machine. To rebuild Recovery partition with the disks you will rebuild entire hdd to new from factory state,so be sure you backup any files,photos,etc that you have. The procedure is straight forward,put Disk 1 in top cd/dvd drive and restart the pc.But if you wish to re-create a recovery partition you can use the second disc to re-build it. You should get a prompt to hit any key to boot from cd.If for some reason you don't get the prompt and it boots into Windows,try again and this time hit the ESC key at the blue HP logo screen,and choose cd/dvd as boot device. It will ask for each disk as it needs them,do not hit OK after inserting each disk but let the machine read cd and continue.