Thread: Counter strike source on windows 7

Counter strike source on windows 7

Hi,

I am trying to test & play Counter strike zero & source both on my windows 7 RC & having some fatel error messages.

Can someone tell me if its a compatibility problem or I need to install something so that CS will run on my windows 7 machine?

Thankls in advance.

Re: Counter strike source on windows 7

Hey same problem with me here. I just bought and installed the 7 win and I try to download steam and then logg on my account to play counter strike source but nothing happened when I start? why? I played it very well with XP but not with windows 7 why?

I installed Windows 7 on CSS last night, and had the problem that the whole computer freezes when the map was loaded. I tried a few things to confirm it, and it works fine now. I played for a few hours last night with no crashes at all. The first thing that I was removed my cl_resend 2 from config. I removed the whole thing out of the configuration. I also disable SLI because SLI maybe even a bit buggy in Windows 7. After changing the config and disable SLI, run the game. I haven't put off UAC and running as admin hl2.exe CSS didn't worked out, and I 'm not that hl2.exe into production as admin at the moment, If the game I ran as admin, I was getting "The game is currently unavailable" error.

As old as that game gets, I'm amazed that people still play. Not sure what issues would be the new windows 7 or could be any number of reasons. Windows 7 is beta, so it does not work with everything. Consider the fact that Win7 BETA not intended for gambling is at this point? Finally, you stopped to consider the fact that Windows is NOT complete and full of insects is before it "should be developed, stable and reliable?