Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows XP to Windows 7 then back to XP again

Operating Systems

Old 07-09-2009

windows XP to Windows 7 then back to XP again

Hi,

I am about to install windows 7 on my windows XP machine. The thing is that I have a mirror copy of my xp installation on another drive. I just want to make sure if I install windows 7 will it delete the key of my windows XP? If this is the case that installing windows 7 delete my XP key then what will be the way to revert back to my XP machine? Will my XP still be accessible & legal?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-09-2009

Re: windows XP to Windows 7 then back to XP again

Hey why are you so scared?
I am sure you can roll back to Xp again if you don't like windows 7. Its not at all possible that your copy of XP will be taken as illegal. So if you really want to give a try to windows 7 then you can install it right away and can easily downgrade to XP again. Don't worry. All the best!
Old 07-09-2009

Well you can dual boot windows 7. This is best way to test windows 7. If you like windows 7 keep it & if you dont you can definitely remove it from your machine. I understand that you would like to know that after installing improved copy of Windows 7 on your machine. If you dont like windows 7 or you like it. Your Windows XP product would still remain valid.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2009

Hey I think this is what you neeed to go through.

How To Triple Boot MAC OS X, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 8.10 Linux so that you wont loose any of your important data & will be able to see the performance differences with these Operating systems.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,