Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Having problem with Multimedia Audio Controller

Operating Systems

Old 07-09-2009

Having problem with Multimedia Audio Controller

Hi,

I just now preparing to hold back my version of XP pro SP2 & the correct icon is not there and the silly yellow question mark appear on the devices manager. The problem is with the multimedia Audio Controller. Do I need to use an external sound card.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Old 07-09-2009

Re: Having problem with Multimedia Audio Controller

If you have a repair attempt with Win CD, you will not lose any data. .
I hope this will work for you. I have custom-made computer and I deleted soundmax in some way & I viewed audio control and has a "?" sign in yellow and Since I could not solve the problem. Now I've decided to make a Xp reinstall.
Old 07-09-2009

Have you tried windows update and have u tried uninstalling ur sound cards from Device Manager, and then reinstalling its drivers ??
When I had same problem I fixed the problem through windows update.

Hope this helps you.
Old 07-09-2009

Never mind, I got my motherboard CD, installed the driver and all is well. YES the problem is confirmed. The problem was with the audio device NOT the sound card. I wanted a driver for the Audio Device "Multimedia Audio Controller". Everest and "Driver Guide" show me the driver that I needed, I found the file. Thanks,

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: