Thread: iOS 4.1 causing keyboard typing bug!!!

iOS 4.1 causing keyboard typing bug!!!

I am having problem with my keypad of iPhone. The problem is that whenever I type any letter or press any key on my keyboard, it typed the wrong letter or any random letter other then the typed one. I am getting this error from when I updated to iOS 4.1. First of all I thought that it is me who is typing the wrong letters but is seem to be a system error. Please help.

Re: iOS 4.1 causing keyboard typing bug!!!

I was also having somewhat similar problem with my iPhone. I faced this issue for 2 weeks and that was very frustrating but after that I was able to fix that. After searching for the solution for long time, finally resetting the iPhone solves the issue and it is working fine from that day. My suggestion to you is to do the same and I am sure that it will solve the issue in your case also.

Yes, resetting will be the best option for you. many people have fear that they will loose everything in their phone but that is the wrong thought, you will notr loose anything from you phone. You can reset your iPhone by simply pressing the sleep/wake button and the home button together and you will see the manufacturer logo on the screen and it will start to reset the phone. There is high possibility that the bug will get fix.

You can try to add another Dutch keyboard or French keyboard in the settings. I did this when I was getting the similar issue and found that the issue was gone. The issue was gone when I removed the keyboard again. Now I am not getting the wrong letters anymore. You should also try this and I hope this will solve your problem also. Good Luck !!!

You can add another keyboard or two keyboard if possible and after that remove them one by one again. Repeat this until you get Emoji keyboard as the first keyboard and the native keyboard as the second keyboard. I did the same and I can see Emoji keyboard as the first one in Settings and Dutch as second. Now I am not getting any problem like mismatching the alphabets.

You should call Apple support ant they will provide you the best solution for this issue. I called them when I was facing somewhat similar problem and they solved that in few minutes. I just deleted the ipsw files on iTunes which forces the iphone to download the new version of iOS. In such cases, it corrupts the original ipsw slightly from the previous version.