Thread: How to Cancel Printer Buffer

How to Cancel Printer Buffer

Hello,

I use an HP psc2410 Photosmart Printer and I can not empty the buffer of my printer. Can anyone tell me How to Cancel Printer Buffer and emty it, Is there a Script that I can launch the start of my computer to "clear " this printer buffer? Actaully the problem is that , i have several job left in print buffer , due to those stuck jobs , my printer is not printing new jobs , please help me , Thank you in advance.

Re: How to Cancel Printer Buffer

It may happen from time to time that a print job is stuck in the queue. But even the manual removal of printing or Clearing the queue does nothing. Rather than restart your computer, which solves this problem, you can simply restart the print spooler.

To do this, open a command prompt by clicking the Start button, click All Programs, Accessories and then Command Prompt.

In the window that appears, enter the command net stop spooler and confirm with Enter. The print spooler is then stopped

Finally enter the command net start spooler and press Enter to restart the print spooler service. All your print jobs will be released from the buffer

Have you tried to delete the contents of this folder? C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS , I had several problems of this kind because of corrupted files in that directory. (You must stop the print spooler before deleting the directory contents.) An updated print drivers can also correct this situation. (A corrupted drivers can cause this problem.)

Hoping it could help a little.

Printer Spooler Service is a generic process in Windows that manages the printing. The work requested by a user's are sent to print device and placed in a queue managed by this process . A problem may arise in the management of this queue, Due to Following reason

• A printer driver is damaged or deleted,
    • stopping the "print spooler" service
    • stopping the "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" service
    • congestion in the queue of print jobs

Check in the printer properties - each printer has a configuration window of its own, but at HP, there is an "Advanced" tab in that tab you need to uncheck box that say "Keep print records" and press ok

Carefully select (highlight) all the following text:
    net stop spooler
    del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.shd
    del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.spl
    net start spooler

Save it as a Batch File and Run it , this will Definately solve your problem