Thread: Need Slackware Linux 13.0 final version

Need Slackware Linux 13.0 final version

Hey Guys, I'm using Slackware Linux 13.0 RC2 as yet. Does anyone know when the final version would be out? Its the first Slackware version which will be official released with a 64-bit version along with the 32-bit one... RC2 has little bugs and hence i Need Slackware Linux 13.0 final version. Can anyone shed some light on its final version's release date? Thanks

Re: Need Slackware Linux 13.0 final version

The good news is : Slackware 13.0 Final Version is out. It was released on 28th August '09. The same day on which Snow Leopard was out, so may be you couldn't find the it out due to a lot of buzz going around for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. Well its already available for download and you can download it from its official website.

Hey, thanks a lot for the news. May be it was due to snow leopard. Can i get some information about its new features like kernel version, desktop environment, new softwares included, processor support, etc? And and someone would be kind to provide a download link here? I'm at school and they don't allow downloads here to i can take the link home and download. Thanks in advance...

After one of the most intensive periods of development in Slackware's history, the long awaited stable release of Slackware 13.0 is ready. This release brings with it many major changes since Slackware 12.2, including a completely reworked collection of X packages where a configuration file for X is no longer needed in most cases, major upgrades to the desktop environments KDE version 4.2.4 and Xfce version 4.6.1, a new .txz package format with much better compression, and other upgrades all around -- to the development system, network services, libraries, and major applications like Firefox and Thunderbird. Slackware 13.0 brings many updates and enhancements, among which you'll find two of the most advanced desktop environments available today: Xfce 4.6.1, a fast and lightweight but visually appealing and easy to use desktop environment, and KDE 4.2.4, a recent stable release of the new 4.2.x series of the award-winning K Desktop Environment. Slackware will continue to make use of HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) which allows the system administrator to grant use of various hardware devices according to users' group membership so that they will be able to use items such as USB flash sticks, USB cameras that appear like USB storage, portable hard drives, CD and DVD media, MP3 players, and more, all without requiring sudo, the mount or umount command. Just plug and play. Properly set up, Slackware's desktop should be suitable for any level of Linux experience.

Slackware 13.0 32bit : Download
    Slackware 13.0 64bit : Download