Thread: Windows Embedded Standard 2011

Windows Embedded Standard 2011

Hi,, I am a Windows 7 user always have interest in Embedded Windows. Today morning i heard that Windows Embedded Standard 2011 is made available by Microsoft. Thats good. i am here to know that Whats new in this latest operating system and what is the priced ? if you guys give me the download link than that will be much appreciated. Thank you!!

Re: Windows Embedded Standard 2011

Windows Embedded Standard is a fully componentized version of Windows that allows you to develop advanced commercial and consumer devices to run thousands of existing Windows applications and drivers. Using Windows Embedded Standard 2011 which is a reliable, secure, and stable OS based on Windows 7 you can concentrate on differentiating their product offering based on hardware/software/applications rather than investing in platform development.

As we talk about its features, than here is the complete list :-

• Support for multiple processor architectures
      • x86
      • x64

• Improved developer experiences:
      • Wizard experience with Image Build Wizard (IBW)
      • Advanced experience with Image Configuration Editor (ICE)

• The right level of granularity to build special-purpose devices
      • Hundreds of feature packages based on latest innovations for Windows 7
      • Embedded enabling features such as Enhanced Write Filter, File Based Write Filter, Registry Filter, Hibernate Once Resume Many, and Custom Shell to fulfill embedded-specific requirements
      • Large number of driver sets for compatibility with growing set of device hardware and peripherals

• Applications and drivers for Windows 7 can work on Windows Embedded Standard 2011 without difficult, expensive, and time-consuming porting effort.

• Support for Active Directory, Domain Join, Group Policies, Network Access Protection, and IPv6 to enable connectivity and manageability with Windows Server, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Operations Manager, and Windows Server Update Services

• Rich, interactive user experiences with Windows Aero and Windows Touch and Gesture. A stable framework Windows Presentation Foundation for building new and innovative experiences

• Build “Green” solutions with the new Windows 7 power management stack

Windows Embedded Standard includes Silverlight, .NET Framework 3.5, Internet Explorer 7, Windows Media Player 11, RDP 6.1 and Network Access Protection. With Standard, you can optimize the size of the OS footprint on your device because you can select only the drivers, services, and applications you need.

The cost for Windows Embedded Standard development tools is set to $995 and the license will cost $90 per unit. The best part is Windows Embedded Standard 2011 is also available for Trial. You can download the trial version from here.

Windows Embedded Standard is the next generation of Windows XP Embedded and different in some manners. It is the first Microsoft embedded operating system that comes with full certified support for IPv6 in addition to IPv4 support. It includes a new TCP/IP stack that provides the latest wireless networking and added security through Network Access Protection (NAP) to easily integrate into the enterprise network. These devices can join existing active directory domains and be secured using Active Directory group policies already in place.