Thread: Mov file plays audio but not video

Mov file plays audio but not video

Hi,

I am trying to play High Definition Video Files .mov files on my pc but i dont get picture while playing the video, i only get sound . I am on mac and Using Quick time player to play .mov files. for some avi files i get this message "You may experience problems playing a video track in intro.mov because the required compressor could not be found" I ve search for this issue on net but could not find proper solution for that.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it

Re: Mov file plays audio but not video

If you want to play High Definition Video Files then you can download Alambik MC Player, it is the equivalent of a real-time DVD reader designed for the Internet. McPlayer allows you to play Hyper Digital Videos ( ". HDV" files) and Alamgrams (. "ALG" files) as well as. "MPEG" and ". OGG. The Alambik MCPlayer is installed with the command buttons that allow you to interact one on these linear productions (play, pause, stop, expedient, to rewind, jump to the desired channel, etc.

You may face problem in playing High Definition Video Files if you are using an old version of Quicktime player. Download QuickTime 7 Pro, its the ideal solution for those who enjoy watching, recording, creating or sharing high-quality multimedia content. With QuickTime you get playback quality clear and fluid, even when you change the size of the player window.

for some avi files i get this message "You may experience problems playing a video track in intro.mov because the required compressor could not be found"
    Yuo get this message When playing certain AVI movie files with the QuickTime Player. To solve this issue Download and install the missing codec (COmpressor/DECompressor). In most cases, it will be one of the Indeo Video codecs. The table lists the combinations of QuickTime and Indeo available for Mac OS 9 and Microsoft Windows. Although not mentioned by version number in the chart below, QuickTime 4, QuickTime 5, and QuickTime 6 can be used with Indeo video codecs.