Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ubuntu root partition almost full

Operating Systems

Old 02-09-2009

Ubuntu root partition almost full

I have a linux + Windows dual boot box with Ubuntu 9.04 and Window 7. I recently noted that my Ubuntu root partition almost full. How do i make some room in the root partition? I hope someone would help me out with this small problem. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2009

Re: Ubuntu root partition almost full

Delete all the files from the temp folder. Its path is "/tmp" [tmp folder in root drive]. Then you can also remove unwanted software packages that are installed on your ubuntu by default or the ones which you installed but don't use... While uninstalling software packages be careful and do not remove some packages that might be required for some software or Ubuntu itself...
Old 02-09-2009

You can remove log files as these files take too much of space and needs to be removed manually. You can also remove the packages that have been downloaded by the OS for installing. But if you think you might need to install the software again or need them when you clean install ubuntu again, make a backup.
Old 02-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
You can remove log files as these files take too much of space and needs to be removed manually. You can also remove the packages that have been downloaded by the OS for installing. But if you think you might need to install the software again or need them when you clean install ubuntu again, make a backup.
What is the path for log files and archived download packages? Any help with that? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupa View Post
What is the path for log files and archived download packages? Any help with that? Thanks!
Log files path : /var/log
archived download packaged path : /var/cache/apt/archives

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,