Thread: Need driver update for Compaq Presario laptop

Need driver update for Compaq Presario laptop

The audio on my laptop is not working. I had connected two external speakers of creative. I think the audio drivers is corrupted. The model number of my laptop is Compaq Presario F700. From where can I download and upgrade the audio drivers for the same. Second thing I want to create a system recovery disk for my laptop. Currently there is not issue with laptop except the drivers problem. But a system recovery disc will help me out to re-install the entire windows in case of crash. Recently while playing a game my Windows has crashed to blue screen. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need driver update for Compaq Presario laptop

All relevant driver and downloads are available on the Hp site for free download. Login to Hp site and click on Supports and Drivers column. Then add the model number of your laptop. It will ask you for the operating system and then a page of all relevant drivers will be showed. Download them and create disc of it. Because this drivers will be needed if you format your computer.

All Compaq Presario laptop comes with a inbuilt system recovery software. This system recovery software helps you to restore back your operating system when you face any virus or system crash issue. But if you had already formatted the computer with any other Windows disc then this settings are lost. There is a backup drive in your computer which stores up the recovery files. Restart your computer and press F11 or a relevant key mentioned at the boot screen for running a system recovery. If the recovery does not start then it is deleted. You will have to format the computer by using Windows CD.

The laptop is a pretty good product. You can use the Hp recovery service to reinstall your applications back. But this will format your computer so better take a back up first. Now from start menu programs launch the Recovery manger. In this you can create a system disc and the same disc can be used to restore your computer. Click on next. The computer will restart and select System recovery option. If it ask your to run Microsoft System Restore then give no and click on Next. It will prompt you for back up. If needed then go for it other wise skip the process. Click again next and restoration will start.