Thread: Ubuntu give black and white display on s-video out

Ubuntu give black and white display on s-video out

I have a linuc box with ubuntu 9.04 and Nvidia 8400GS graphics card. When i connect my PC to my TV through s-video out, Ubuntu give black and white display on s-video out on my TV. What may be the problem? I tried configuring the drivers but didn't help... I hope someone here could help...

Re: Ubuntu give black and white display on s-video out

Whats is the display setting you have chosen? I mean NTSC or PAL. What does your TV support? Is the diplay ratio and color management profile selected properly? I guess this could be the problem. I had similar problem on my windows box with the same display card. If your driver doesn't have these settings, upgrade your display drivers from nvidia's website...

I had updated my graphics drivers just a week ago and i checked and those are the updated ones. My TV supports both NTSC and PAL. No matter what i select i get a black and white display. Please help guys... Is there some more settings i need to configure it on my ubuntu machine or TV? I'm confused...

I think you don't have a proper cable, s-video cables are of many kinds. I would suggest you to check with it. You will need two pair s-video cable. Here s-video will give you two outputs and then the two outputs will be combined through a plug which will combine the two into one. Then the combined one must be used to connect to the TV's s-video. I hope this helps. Also have a look at this thread : Connect a computer to a CRT TV.