Thread: Cannot wake MacBook Pro4,1 from suspend in ubuntu

Cannot wake MacBook Pro4,1 from suspend in ubuntu

I have been in love with Ubuntu 9.04. I have had no problem with Ubuntu until lately something strange is happening with my computer. Everything else is good untill i put my MacBook Pro 4,1 to suspend mode. It goes into the suspend mode without any problem. But i Cannot wake MacBook Pro4,1 from suspend in ubuntu. When i try to wake it by the power button i get a black dos like screen with just a white cursor blinking. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance...

Re: Cannot wake MacBook Pro4,1 from suspend in ubuntu

When you go into suspend mode it won't wake, so you might have to reboot the system. Do you get any crash report when the system starts the next time? I would recommend you to check pm-suspend.log file. It may have a possible error. Also when you try to wake your MacBook Pro from sleep, do you feel any hard disk activity? Does this happen when you hibernate your MacBook Pro? Do post back...

I did have a look at pm-suspend.log file before posting this thread. I did not see any problem, error or warning in there... I tried to hibernate but my MacBook Pro wakes up from hibernation but not from suspend mode. What may be the possible problem? I even checked the ACPI support log and everything there looks fine too... Please help...

I think you have not added the sources for nvidia drivers. Add the sources and use nvidia drivers that are available from ubuntu and not proprietor drivers from nvidia. Add the following sources and download and install the video drivers from here. Hope this helps. Here are the official sources :
    Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main