Thread: Cannot install Ubuntu only live CD boots

Cannot install Ubuntu only live CD boots

My desktop just encountered some problems and my hard disk crashed. Now i didn't have a Ubuntu 9.04 CD. So i downloaded the latest image from the ubuntu's website and burned it from my laptop. I now have a problem with the ubuntu CD. I Cannot install Ubuntu only live CD boots. What may be the problem according to you? Please help guys, i need to setup my ubuntu all over again and i want to do it as soon as possible...

Re: Cannot install Ubuntu only live CD boots

What do you mean by you cannot install ubuntu? What error do you get when you try to install the system? What is your system specification? I think it may not be sufficient to run Ubuntu 9.04. Well in this case select an older version on Ubuntu like ubuntu 8.04 or ubuntu 8.10. May be your system would respond positively to it then...

My system specifications matches what is required by Ubuntu, infact it is greater then the recommended configuration. I cannot install the Ubuntu Os on my computer. When i try to install it, it says its installing the system, while it is formating the partition when the process is at 7% and then suddenly it will load the live cd environment. If i go to the live cd and then install from the desktop icon, again the same thing occurs. What may be the problem? Please help...

Check your CD for errors. Ubuntu has that feature to check the disk for errors. It may happen due to error on the disk or the disk may be corrupt. Even the downloaded ISO may be corrupt. Did you verify the MD5 checksum after downloading the ISO and before burning it to the CD? Or it may be due to high speed of burning. Check what matches your criteria. If the ISO is not corrupt you can burn it to a new disc and make sure you burn it at a low speed. Hope this helps...