Thread: What is the difference between Vista MCE and Windows 7 MCE

What is the difference between Vista MCE and Windows 7 MCE

Hi,
    I was wondering that for a Media Center PC which one is fine. Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center Edition. I am trying to build up my Media Center pc. So here I am stuck which one to use. What you guys think about this. I mainly want to view HD movies, record unlimited shows and play music from various sources. I also want to add up more and more plugins to it. So on performance mode and reliability and the compatible nature with other application which one is better. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is the difference between Vista MCE and Windows 7 MCE

Media center pc are mainly used for experiencing a high multimedia entertainment. The motive is to bring theater experience at your home. I will go with Windows Vista MCE. Because still Windows 7 is under construction so now the most stable one is Vista MCE. Vista MCE is designed for Gaming, Movies and one click entertainment. As per you need Windows Vista MCE is fine. You can record multiple shows, watch HD movies and play games. You can add up a range of items to the system.

I am listing you some really cool features of Windows 7. Windows 7 is great in design, look and functionality. As the software is new so that means you can get more from Windows Vista. Some features are really cool and awesome. It has eye catching graphical interface like the dissolve appearance of shows. You can just simply navigate the channel guide by holding a button from your MCE remote. The guide will scroll in chronological mode. You can see a thumbnail view of forward and rewind option. You can simply launch TV from start menu. The media center gadget floats around the desktop at the finger tips. Music scrolling, album art, scattered photos picture view on the desktop screen, etc. It is very easy to use and has many one click features.

The main difference between both is that Windows 7 has multiple functions as compare to Vista MCE. The best thing of Vista MCE and MCE 2005 is that they are much stable version as compare to Windows 7. Windows 7 is still now under construction so till now there is no negative feedback's here. Windows 7 as compare to Vista MCE is fast, it has a ability to fast forware/rewind DivX movies, auto adjust refresh rate of blu ray/TV/Vidos, IPTV and awesome user interface.