Thread: Kernels64.exe is missing

Kernels64.exe is missing

I am having Windows XP SP3 as my operating system and everything was workign fine tell yesterday but today when i start my computer it got started but after some time i am getting an message as Kernels64.exe is missing. I try to ask some of my colleagues about this file but they also don't have much more information about it. Can anyone provide me some information about it and at the same time tell me how to over come from this issue ?

Kernels64.exe is missing

kernal64.exe is a process which is registered as w32.yimper Trojan. This is normally located at C:\windows\system32\\kernal64.exe and this trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Kernels64.exe issue

If you are getting Kernels64.exe is missing message then it seems that some of the application was using this file and it might have got deleted, so first of all it's important that you uninstall the application which is using this file and after that download the latest version of antivirus and then try to run and check out is there any infected file, if you are still getting the same message then you need to reinstall your operating system.

Kernels64.exe problem

I was also getting same error message i try to follow the below steps and then after that i was not getting error message hope it works for you too. First you need to reboot your computer and then goto Safe mode by pressing F8 button. After that search and delete for the following files:-
    • vxh8jkdq1.exe
    • vxh8jkdq2.exe
    • vxh8jkdq5.exe
    • vxh8jkdq6.exe
    • vxh8jkdq7.exe

After that you need to delete the following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run by going into registry and finally reboot your system for changes to get effected.