Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-08-2009

dual operating systems

I have two harddrives in my laptop(HP) one is vista ultimate and the other is vista home preimuim both 64bit. How do you remove one of the operating systems. Ive tried using the original os disk but when I go to reformat one of the haed drive it wont yet me.
Old 31-08-2009

Re: dual operating systems

The simple way would be delete all the partitions on both the hard disks, create a new partitions and install the OS on the first partition of the first hard disks...
Old 31-08-2009

How do you delete the partitions
Old 31-08-2009

Insert the Vista DVD in the DVD Rom and then boot from the Vista DVD, Once you get to the installation screen after files have been loaded, you will reach a screen where you have to select a partition to install Windows on. Then select one partition and then click on 'Drive Option' on the right-bottom side. Now some new options will appear there, from there select delete the partition. Similarly do for all partition. Now once all the partitions are deleted, you will see only one partition there. Click on it and select New partition. Then enter the size and then again create new parition. Do this to create paritions of your choice.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: