Thread: Windows 7 in Hindi

Windows 7 in Hindi

Hi,, i am from India and am using Windows Vista. From last few days i was planning to buy a copy of Windows 7. Today i just heard about windows 7 that is also available in Hindi. Is that true? If yes, i wold sure like to have it for some of my family members who are not good in English and i hope its gonna help them a lot. If Windows 7 is available in Hindi, than please let me know where can i download it ? Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows 7 in Hindi

yeah, thats true. The company has taken all these initiatives to do away with the language barrier in computing, especially in India. Basically Microsoft has never offered beta softwares in other languages than English but this is the very first time this has happened with multiple language support. Microsoft has announced the launch of as many as 45 additional virtual keyboards for these vernacular languages. This all credit goes to the Language Packs for Windows 7 that have been released by the Windows 7 team.

You can download Windows 7 in Hindi from there Official site where you need to select Hindi from the drop down box in the Download 32-bit version

Re: Windows 7 in Hindi

For all those people having problem with the English language and a local search, they can download this version at the Microsoft Development Center in Hyderabad. Microsoft has also introduced the Captions Language Interface Pack (CLIP) in Hindi, Malayalam, Oriya, and Tamil to translate the vernacular languages. Even Windows Live has not been spared the treatment with it being made available in as many as seven Indian languages.